Football Pools One Banker Draw Prediction

LiveScores,pools result,Football Pools,Sure Draw Prediction,Pools Panel,Coupon Result,3 NAP Banker,Week Winning numbers

Nigerians are tired of promises, says Jonathan

Started by AbleFast.com, May 17, 2010, 07:04:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbleFast.com

Nigerians are tired of promises, says Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan has said Nigerians are tired of promises from politicians, and thus vowed to continue with the fear of God and the transformational efforts of his predecessor, late Umaru Yar'adua.
President Jonathan said this yesterday at a special prayer session held at the National Ecumenical Centre, Abuja, organised for the family of late Yar'adua and himself.

"My promise is to carry out his work, guided by the grace of God. I will not say I will do this or that for Nigerians, but I will strive to work with my team and do what is right," he assured.
Jonathan, who read the only Bible lesson from Joshua 1: 1-9, said: "My message to Nigerians is that we should be patriotic and committed", saying there was nothing wrong in criticising his government, but such should be done constructively.
In his sermon, Primate Nicholas Okoh of the Anglican Church Nigeria, described the late Yar'adua as " a servant leader" and urged Jonathan to emulate his good works.

"He saw the need to rehabilitate militants in the Niger Delta and now there is peace in that region. He saw the need for free and fair elections and called for electoral reforms and he saw the need for economic rejuvenation, and brought in Vision 20-2020 as well as the need for the dredging of the River Niger and moved into it with pragmatic approach", he said.
He attributed the general insecurity in the country to poverty, and advised Nigerians to avoid mindless wealth accumulation as well as the building of structures for their fifth generation descendants, warning that before their birth, the world might change and the structures would no longer be relevant.

The two-hour  service was opened with a prayer by the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Chairman of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Rev. Fr. Willy Ojukwu, while the prayers for family of late Yar'adua, the nation and youths were offered by Archbishop Chimaroke Iweha, Rev. Ade Aboderin, Rev. Emeka Nwakpa  and Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria.
Dignatories at the occasion were the Senate President David Mark and his wife, Akwa Ibom state Governor, Godswill Akpabio, Ebonyi state Governor, Martins Elechi, Anambra state Governor, Peter Obi, among others.

© AbleFast Football Pools, All Rights Reserved.

AbleFast.com - Privacy Policy.